Thursday 4 August 2022

My FPL Team

 The Premier League is Back! and so is the FPL





Yes! That is a screenshot taken from my phone. 
The 22/23 FPL season is here, and boy was that a long wait. The new signings coupled with players from newly promoted teams add to the almost tangible excitement and paradoxical conundrum brought forth by picking our teams. 
Fortunately, there are some familiar faces we can still put our faith and scarce (€100) resources in. As we all know the FPL is as much a mind game as the Premier League itself. It forces us to respect and strategize players according to their output irrespective of the team they play for. This ruthless mentality of obeying the numbers is key to success in FPL. Being on the bottom end of various FPL leagues over the last 3 seasons, I'm done being the "butt' of FPL jokes and I look forward to redeeming myself this season.
" Go with the herd separate later" are the word of HAZE F.C, one of the top FPL players in the world. Game week 1 is not the time to seek differentials, Don't be afraid to go 'basic' and as from game week 3 you can add your 'swagger' to your respective teams. 

The Basics

For me at least...

Kane


Harry Kane in the Premier League since Antonio Conte's first game in charge:

◎ 28 games
◎ 16 goals
◎ 8 assists
◉ Most non-penalty xG (14.4)
◉ Most Big Chances created (17)
◉ Most through balls (19)
◉ Most shots on target (45)

Alexander-Arnold




Highest Expected Assists per 90 during the 2021/22 Premier League season (900+ mins):

◎ 0.41 - Trent Alexander-Arnold
◎ 0.31 - Kevin De Bruyne
◎ 0.28 - Michael Olise
◎ 0.27 - Christian Eriksen
◎ 0.26 - Mason Mount

No defender has ever finished a Premier League season with the most assists in the division...

Is this the season Trent Alexander-Arnold makes history? 🎯

Gabriel Jesus


Gabriel Jesus has now scored seven goals in five pre-season games for Arsenal: 

⚽️⚽️ vs. Nürnberg 
⚽️ vs. Everton 
❌ vs. Orlando 
⚽️ vs. Chelsea 
⚽️⚽️⚽️ vs. Sevilla 

Will he replicate this form in the Premier League? I'm counting on it



Son



Heung-Min Son scored more non-penalty goals than any other player in the Premier League in 2021/22.

◉ Heung-Min Son (23)
◎ Mohamed Salah (18)

Not to mention the assists, Son is an attacking magician.


We Can't Forget

Mo Salah



At this point, while writing, 60.3% of FPL players had selected Mo Salah. I assume the majority if not all, will appoint him the captain. For 13 million Euros, I always feel Mo is overpriced. I can almost immediately feel the counter-argument that Salah is the most decorated FPL player being thrown at my face. Anyway, my decision to exclude him is one of the reasons we all love FPL, Variety.

Will, I heavily regret my rather obnoxious decision when he puts 4 goals in the Fulham F.C net? Hell Yeah


Remember it is not how you start the season. Most important is how you finish the season. I'll update you on my Squads quarterly, meaning Game week 10, 19,29 & 38. All the best to all the players.




No comments:

Post a Comment

My FPL Team

 The Premier League is Back! and so is the FPL Yes! That is a screenshot taken from my phone.  The 22/23 FPL season is here, and boy was tha...